Apply to Fresh Start Ministries
- Step 1The initial step is to call for a pre-screening phone interview. This will take about 30-45 minutes on the phone. You will discuss your life and your addiction at length. At the conclusion of that phone conversation you will know if we feel we can help you and you will have a better idea of the program structure.
- Step 2Then you will be asked to pay a NON-REFUNDABLE entry fee to get added to the waiting list. The waiting list varies in length and you will be told an estimated wait period until you can get into the program. It is suggested that you start packing in preparation. (see the list under “News & Events” of what to bring).
- Step 3Once we have a bed for you, you will be called and told to come in that very day and to bring your belongings with you. Once here, you will have a 30-60 minute face-to-face interview to ensure we can help you and you are willing to be helped. This is the final step and you are not fully accepted until you complete your face-to-face interview.
View / Download
Read the Program Rules and the Quick Facts below and feel free to call us at (407) 293-3822 to ask questions or to set up your phone interview.
(family members of future clients)
If I’m accepted, what should I bring?
If you have been accepted into our program, keeping in mind that this is a temporary housing facility, you can NOT bring everything you own. There is very small space for personal items. Essentially, each bed has about 3ft of hanging space, 3 dresser drawers, and 1 foot locker. You should just bring the bare minimum and if you find that you need something else, your family can bring it or you can purchase it later. But, we will not allow you to acquire too much here. If in doubt about something, just call and ask us.
We provide all bed linen, pillow and bath towel.
Following is a suggested list of things you will need:
- Nice clothes & shoes for job hunting and church (collar shirt such as dress or a nice polo. Slacks or nice jeans without holes)
- Shorts and tee shirts for hanging out & sleeping in (no shirts with advertisements for alcohol or tobacco, music and nothing sexual in nature.)
- sneakers, flip flops
- Alarm clock that does NOT play music (we prefer battery operated)
- Board shorts if you plan to swim or play volleyball in the lake or (at your own risk)
- Toiletries: shaving gear, toothpaste & toothbrush, liquid bath soap, and Shampoo
- Liquid laundry soap
- Petty cash is optional, but a new man is allowed a one-time petty cash allowance up to $100.00. Typically, families leave about $50 in cash. This is good for laundry, bus passes once he has a job, soda & snacks from the vending machines. (Staff holds & doles out as needed)
What you CAN NOT BRING:
- No laptops or computers
- No pornographic material or photos that are not appropriate to a Christian program
- No clothes with advertisements of alcohol, tobacco, sex, gambling, or music
- No powdered laundry soap